James will continue to race in National Formula Ford in 2019 – he will be joining the renowned Cliff Dempsey Racing Team in a Ray GR15.
In addition to the 8 rounds of National Formula Ford, James also hopes to take part in the 2 end of season highlight events, the Formula Ford Festival at Brands Hatch and the Walter Hayes Trophy at Silverstone.
James raced with CDR in 2 meetings at the end of 2018, scoring a 5th, 2nd & 6th in his first event with the team at Croft in September 2018. James also competed in the Walter Hayes Trophy meeting in November, coming 3rd in both his heat and his semi-final, but unfortunately spinning out of the final in treacherous conditions whilst in the lead group.
James’ ambition is to move into Sports Prototype/GT racing and eventually compete at the iconic Le Mans 24 hours.
Born 30 April 2000, Maidstone, Kent
Occupation: Student/Racing Driver
School: 2011 – 2017 Farlingaye High School, Woodbridge, Suffolk
College: 2017 – 2020 – MSA Academy, Loughborough College
- 2019 National Formula Ford – 4th overall with 9 podiums
- 2018 National Formula Ford – best result 2nd place Croft, qualified 6th for Walter Hayes Final
- 2017 Chamberlain Trophy – Clubmans Overall Champion
- 2017 Clubmans – CSP1 Champion
- 2017 HSCC Desmond Monson Trophy – Best Newcomer
- 2017 Historic Touring Cars – 2nd in Class Award
- 2016 Clubmans Sport 1600 – Best Newcomer, Driver of the Year
- 2016 Historic Touring Cars – Best Newcomer, 3rd in Class Award
- 2015 Junior Saloon Car Championship – 3rd, Top Rookie, 4 wins, 8 podiums
- 2014 Junior TKM Super 1, Junior TKM Shenington Winter Series – 3rd
- 2013 Junior TKM Interclub Championship – 2nd, Junior TKM Kimbolton Championship – 5th
- 2012 Junior TKM Interclub Championship – 9th
- 2011 Comer Cadet – Formula Kart Stars
- 2010 Comer Cadet Champion – Ellough Park, Comer Cadet Champion – Red Lodge